So chop it up to making up for lost time. As you can imagine if you read the previous post I have a ton going through my mind these days, hence the two Friday Fives.
What I have learned these past few weeks:
1. I wish I had visited my Grandparents more so that my children would have known thier Grandpapa better and not let the miles and the inconvenience keep me from going. I wish I had known him better - his life. The distance between my Papa and I before now seems like he was just across the street compared to the distance that we have between us now.
2. I not a fan of ICU/SICU wing of the hospital. Such sadness but yet in the waiting room of the ICU there is still so much hope and love. I hope never to revisit but wished I had gone back to check on a family that was there when we were there, they practically lived there - waiting. They were so nice and I pray that they had a happy ending and not one like ours.
3. It is so painful to watch your Grandparents having to say goodbye. 62 years of marriage, that was one of the most difficult things to go through. I felt so helpless, I can't even imagine. The love that they share is both beautiful and inspiring.
4. I am stronger than I thought. Anyone who knows me knows I don't handle this subject well but in the midst of all this terrible sadness my faith and belief strengthened and carried me through the toughest parts.
5. I am going to try not to take things for granted. You never know what is going to happen. I thought I would have my Papa around for a lot longer but I was wrong and I have so many regrets. I know in my heart that he forgives me and I can't change it but I can change what is ahead of me and I am going to make an honest effort to do so, not let everyday life get in the way of making sure the people around me know how much I care about them.