Sorry I have not posted in a couple of weeks. A fun weekend trip to California turned into a not so fun two week extended stay ending in the loss of my dearly beloved Grandfather. So you can understand why Friday Five was pushed aside. Plus my internet ability was not very convenient which is probably a blessing because my Friday Five would have been sad and depressing to reflect my emotions at that time. But I am back and in honor of my Papa's passing: this weeks Friday Five is going to be 5 things that will always remind me of my Papa.
1. Snails. When I was little Papa would try to get me to step on the snails that would be all over his sidewalk. Of course I wouldn't do it, yuck, but he would get such a kick out of my reactions. Later he did the same thing with my oldest daughter, she pretty much had the same reaction as me.
2. Icecream. My Papa loved icecream and he could usually use icecream to lure my children to get close to him when they were being shy.
3. Cookies and Candy. Another favorite of his. He had a cookie drawer that all of the great grandchildren were aware of and when we visited he would escort them to the drawer and let them pick there cookie, Mothers Oatmeal were my favorite and always a choice. Every night he would sit down in his chair and have some candy, I wish I could do that.
4. Bird feeders. He always had bird feeders filled with a ton of bird seed, he liked to watch the birds outside the window.
5. Roses. He loved his roses. I can not remember a time without the rosebushes out front.
These are just a few of the things that will always remind me of him for there are too many to post. He was a great man who could always put a smile on your face and make you laugh. I never saw him angry and I miss him very much.