Pages

Our Mission

To have a safe place where you can air all your mama drama without judgement, cause we know you don't always have the kids in bed by 7 and make creme brulee for dessert every night.

Oh yeah.........

and if you do, you're on the wrong blog!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Phonics Sucks



Dear Bugs' school,

The coding sheet you sent home is ri/dic/u/lous.



I can't believe that this stuff is THAT important to a second grader. I am a college graduate and I am 100 percent sure that I didn't have to code one single word in the four years it took to graduate.

I think my daughter staying up until 10:47 pm in tears and writing me letters like this:

is more damaging than not being able to code the word 'suspicious'.

Can you code, "cramcodingupyour -------------"? Well you get the idea.

Sincerely,

Mama of Miss I HATE school!


5 comments:

foolish heart said...

Poor girl. I don't think we ever coded words...what's the point exactly??

Cheryl said...

Well, that sucks. Nothing like starting kids early on hating school.. Didn't we used to diagram sentences - i high school?

Over from SITS..

Chris, Becca, Abby and Jocelyn said...

Poor girl! She is such a smart girl. I hope she starts loving it soon:) Miss you guys..

shortmama said...

I have seen that coding too..so lame!

Kristin said...

We definitely did not do that when I was young...nor when I was tutoring kids in reading. Crazy!