Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Oops I forgot my kid, Burnt Bread, and My Very Own Rock Stars-Monday's Mama Drama

You Know You Have Mama Drama When......

1. You are so busy talking on the phone to your best good friend (Amy) and "farming" on what Amy and I have determined is a sick social experiment hidden under the guise of a game called Farm Town that you pick up your son from school about 10 minutes late. But, no worries he knows all the office staff (remember mama used to be a teacher there) and just hung out until I finally came.

2. You are yet again on the phone with your best good friend Amy sitting in the dining room, looking at your son who is standing with his back turned to the microwave oblivious to the copious amount of smoke billowing out of it after he decided to nuke a piece of garlic bread for...I don't know...like 5 minutes!!!! Hmmm...I think I need to stay off the phone when it comes to things having to do with my son.

3. You are at your Dad's birthday party and all 3 of your children ages 3, 7, and 14 are singing karoake-Nickelback's Rockstar. Okay, there are SO many things wrong with this one. A- Uh, karoake at my DADS 55th b-day (enough said). B-My kids chose Rockstar to sing and knew all the lyrics, including the 3 yr. old. They're such nice lyrics too, "girls come easy and the drugs come cheap", "dress my a$$ in the latest fashions" are just a few. C- Mama was their loudest and biggest fan. Hey, those kids have got some potential. How many 3 yr. olds do you know that can sing Nickelback, hold a microphone, twirl, AND do a hair flip without missing a beat??

4. You have bloggers guilt because you haven't been able to make the rounds and visit your favorite sites and leave comment love to all your invisible friends. I'm still trying to establish some sort of routine, but its hard not having regular full time employment. I'm all out of sorts and my time management has gone right out the window. I honestly think I did a better job of being organized when I had more things to do. Now, I find myself "off task" often and my To Do list seems to be getting longer instead of shorter.


If everything could be done twice, everything would be done better.- Costa Rican Proverb

Photobucket

13 comments:

Lisa Anne said...

I love the song Rockstar, so not kid friendly though. lol I bet that was funny. You shouldn't have guilt for not having time to visit blogs, it happens. Shoot some people never reply at all ever. At least you do. lol

Amy said...

That is so funny... I love the singing.

My little one thinks everyone in a cowboy hat is Kenny Chesney. You know you have Mama Drama when you give your child a snack so you can keep on driving to the next stop. When you finally get home the snack is all over the back seat. Oops time to vac that up.

Stephanie said...

LOL Glad I'm not the only Mommy experiencing some guilt over those lyrics!

Dr.John said...

I think the smoke should have said something to your son.
All bloggers suffer from some kind of blog guilt. Quit Facebook

Susan Berlien said...

It's hard sometimes to make time to respond and comment on blogs. We're all busy and most of us have families, we understand.
Guilt is part of being a mother. Really part of being human.

Liz Mays said...

My daughter is like you. The more packed her schedule is, the more overwhelming her list of must-do's, the more efficient she is. How is that possible?

shortmama said...

I used to be the same way...I needed a million things going at once or else I was a complete slacker! Now too much feels overwhelming...thats what years of being at home will do for ya!

Erin said...

I know the feeling of blogging guilt! I can't do much blogging during the day anymore, and have barely enough time to keep up my reading and commenting let alone posting!

Your kids ROCK that they know all those lyrics! I would have paid to see that!!

Claudya Martinez said...

Like I need more guilt in my life. Now there is bloggers guilt. Ugh!

The Blonde Duck said...

Don't feel guilty! I'm glad you're back!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm fairly certain I will forget the dude someday. Ah ha

Amo said...

I have trouble organizing my time, too, and being able to read blogs and comment and write my own blogs. So, my own blogs are becoming more infrequent. I'm too tired to have anything interesting to say! Ah, well.

Amy said...

I hope you got those kids on video! I have the guilt too. We will get it all worked out. Once I get moved I hope to be back to my original blogger self.

Our Mission

To have a safe place where you can air all your mama drama without judgement, cause we know you don't always have the kids in bed by 7 and make creme brulee for dessert every night.

Oh yeah.........

and if you do, you're on the wrong blog!