You Know you Have Mama Drama When.....
**This week's Mama Drama is not mine. My blog partner Amy had one heck of a week getting one heck of a party organized for the OP. Due to the many miles between us I unfortunately was not able to witness with my eyes her mental breakdown. However, many phone conversations gave me some insight into the Mama Drama that befell my poor best friend this week. So, here it is folks....Amy's Mama Drama ala Lady Di.
1. You have so much on your mind that it is not until you are in the shower when you remember that you put your best friend in the WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD (uh, that would be me) on hold while you took another call.
2. You have to call your best friend in the WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD (yes, me again) because you have a major Farm Town emergency. Something about a bad power cord and no power to the computer and the raspberries need harvesting. So the BF of the WEW has to log in as you and harvest for you. All I can say is, "that a girl Amy!" Only you could be waist deep in Wizard of Oz party crap and still be worried about beating that cousin of yours to the next level in Farm Town. Now that's some true competitive spirit.
3. You have to set the alarm to wake you up to get the cake out of the oven that is baking at 3:45 A.M. Yes, you read that right, 3:45 IN. THE. MORNING. My bud in her infinite wisdom decided she didn't have enough to do and had signed the OP up for cheer camp. Cheer camp involved attending a football game (so OP could do a little cheer) the night before the big party and they didn't get home until late. Therefore, Amy and the Hubs (bless him) stayed up until the wee hours of the morning baking birthday cake.
4. You're on the phone yet again with your BF of the WEW on the big day of the party running down the list of things still left to be done. You have the sympathy of said BF of the WEW and even have wishing very badly there were some way she could just hop on a plane to get over there and help, until.....you mention you still have to make HOMEMADE mini corn dogs. Okay, Amy really??? HOMEMADE mini corn dogs?? This is the part when I think you brought this mental breakdown on yourself girlfriend. You know I love you, but I know this place, it's called Costco and they actually sell mini corn dogs. It's amazing, they come already battered and everything. You just have to pop them in the oven.
5. The Hubs (double bless him) goes out and dyes (yes dyes) one of the horses. You know, for a horse of a different color-it's a Wizard of Oz thing. Anyway, so the Hubs ACTUALLY does this and you have this dyed horse ready to go when what happens??? That's right. It rained and dyed horsey became an undyed horsey in less time than you can say "There's No Place Like Home." I'm sorry Amy, remember I never laugh AT you only WITH you. This sounds more like something that would happen to me. You know, since me and Murphy's Law are like this **fingers crossed**.
Well, turns out that despite the Drama the party was a HUGE success. I knew it would. Amy is the master party planner. Good Job Amy!!