To have a safe place where you can air all your mama drama without judgement, cause we know you don't always have the kids in bed by 7 and make creme brulee for dessert every night.
and if you do, you're on the wrong blog!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Armpits, Messes, Anxiety, sleeping In, Customer Service (Strange- I know)
Amy's Friday Five: This is where I share with you the 5 things I have learned this week and you just might learn a little something about me at the same time.
1. It is so refreshing to know that there are other moms who don't have it all together. Their house is a mess, the laundry is piled up, they are tired and run down and they just don't care. They invite you in to stay and chat and they don't apologize for the mess. They don't try to cover up how hard it is some days. They too are just trying to hold there head above water. They are real and truthful and I love them.
2. That my girls have some major separation anxiety when it comes to me leaving them. It doesn't happen very often- we are together 24/7 but on that rare occasion that I do leave them at the house with a sitter, as one says this morning: "Mommy are you going to the hospital? Are you sick?"
It made me realize that that IS about the only time I leave them and that must be a little scary to them. I think that I have only gone to the hospital once this year but it must have left a mark.
3. Sleeping in with all three of my girls is nice and a real necessity some times. Well until they start having who can sleep closer to mom wars and I get kicked in the head. That and I need to redefine sleeping in for them because I consider sleeping in as waking up at 9am and sleeping in for them is waking up at 7am. I am dreaming - I know.
4. Customer service still exists! In small towns. In tiny cute shops. Ran by little old ladies.
5. My 3 1/2 year old apparently thinks armpits are disgusting. I mean she is truly grossed out by them. Strange. Her exact words were, "Yucky. Dirty. Mom close your arm. I don't like it."
There you have it - my Friday Five. Did you learn something this week? Please do share.
Have a great weekend. I have more company coming - i should be cleaning but I am going to be lazy because it has been a crazy week and all I want to do is........well nothing!