Pages

Our Mission

To have a safe place where you can air all your mama drama without judgement, cause we know you don't always have the kids in bed by 7 and make creme brulee for dessert every night.

Oh yeah.........

and if you do, you're on the wrong blog!

Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Five: It's a hodgepodge

Amy's Friday Five: This is where I share with you the 5 things I have learned this week and you just might learn a little something about me at the same time.

1. Sometimes a macaroon and a cup of decaf coffee just has to due for breakfast.

2. It is not fun having to watch my husband lay off our friends. This recession is hitting a little too close to home.

3. I should look outside before starting a crock-pot of beans and before I began making bread. I may have been able to look at the ominous clouds coming our way and known that the power was going to go out. Just maybe. Although I wouldn't expect it to go out for nearly 7 hours. Fun times.

4. Summer vacation is not at all vacation for me. I thought for sure that I would be able to relax, get a break from homeschooling. Nope. Not the case. I think I am more busy. At least with homeschooling I am HOME! Not running around like a crazy lady hauling my kids all over two counties.

5. Blogging pays (well that and exercising). I won. I won big. I am so excited. I think it made my year. Go here to read more.


There you have it - my Friday Five. Have you learned something this week? Please share! Have a wonderful weekend.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Lady Di said...

Oh, that's no bueno about the power going out. Congrats on being the biggest loser!!!

Erin said...

Ouch laying off friends is not good, the hubs had to do that 2 wks ago!
And CONGRATS on the big win! That's awesome!

shortmama said...

Coffee works for breakfast for me most mornings! Oh 7 hours with no electric would be so miserable...its too dang hot here. My AC went out this morning and I am going on 3 hours without it waiting for the tech to get here. Its 100 degrees outside, good times.

Amy said...

you never know what life with bring you. I learned this yesterday with the two deaths.

Anissa said...

I have coffee every morning! I would freak if we would lose power that long -- it is way to hot. But it is hurricane season so there is always a chance we could be without power for several days. Thanks for coming by today.

Kristin said...

Decaf? Ahhhhhhhhhhh.