1. Sometimes a macaroon and a cup of decaf coffee just has to due for breakfast.
2. It is not fun having to watch my husband lay off our friends. This recession is hitting a little too close to home.
3. I should look outside before starting a crock-pot of beans and before I began making bread. I may have been able to look at the ominous clouds coming our way and known that the power was going to go out. Just maybe. Although I wouldn't expect it to go out for nearly 7 hours. Fun times.
4. Summer vacation is not at all vacation for me. I thought for sure that I would be able to relax, get a break from homeschooling. Nope. Not the case. I think I am more busy. At least with homeschooling I am HOME! Not running around like a crazy lady hauling my kids all over two counties.
5. Blogging pays (well that and exercising). I won. I won big. I am so excited. I think it made my year. Go here to read more.
There you have it - my Friday Five. Have you learned something this week? Please share! Have a wonderful weekend.