Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Five: I can do it!

Sorry I am running late today. See my crazy self decided that I would go to the midnight showing of New Moon. Yep. So..................

I didn't get home until 3:30am this morning. Did I mention CRAZY? Yes. So what is the problem? Let's back track a bit.

See I recently had a conversation with The Hubs about how my days of partying like a rock star are forever behind me. I denied it. I want to go to Las Vegas in February with Lady Di and our other friend, Kj. (I hope you get to meet her one day. Talk about mama drama she has TWINS!) Anyway we are going for my birthday for 4 days and I am so ready to get my vegas GROOVE on and so are my peeps. We all are way over due for a girls weekend. The last time was like 5 years ago or something and let me tell you it was a trip to be remembered. We had a blast. BUT..........................

Since then Lady Di has had one child, I have had two and poor dear old Kj has had three. YIKES! We have aged and we are all a little tired. But I was in denial I thought I could do it. The Hubs is going but will be off shooting guns or something and he said I would have to find my own things to do (like that is a problem) because he will be gone from sun up to sun down. I said with confidence, " I will be gone from sun down to sun up so we won't see each other much." You know what he did? He LAUGHED!!!! He laughed a huge 'I DON'T THINK SO OLD LADY!' kind of laugh. WHAT? "I can do it!" I cried. "Your not 24 anymore!" was his response

Are you serious? I couldn't believe it. I thought, I will show him - I will go to New Moon at midnight I will come home at 3:30 and I will wake up at 6:00 bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to get the OP off to school and I will be AWAKE all day. I can do it..............................

I couldn't do it! *sigh* I am so sad. *sniff, sniff* I barely made the ride home. My cousin was talking, words were coming out of her mouth but I couldn't comprehend. I felt like I was on a heavy sedative. I wanted to stay awake. I mean really, I was scared to death she might hit a deer! I don't know why I wanted to be awake for that! She has a Ford Focus: we hit a deer and it isn't going to be pretty! I should have wanted to go to sleep but I am a freak like that and think that if I am awake I will some how ward off the possibility of any deer, elk, moose encounter.

{Hey let me live in my bubble of unrealistic ideas}

With that said, { I was going to admit defeat } but I am NOT! I am going to take the ' NEVER SAY DIE' attitude even though I didn't wake up till 10:00am, I am bra less and still in my jammies (it's 1:15) . I AM going to get my LV GROOVE on and Partay like a ROCK STAR! I am, I will. I will show the HUBS I still GOT it!

Hey ladies and gents I leave you with this: I may not be in my 20's but I am not pushing a walker either and I have some SPUNK left in me. So I may not be able to party all night and wake up like I did back in the college days. So what? I will party all night and sleep all day. That is why they have black out curtains in the hotel rooms.

BTW, the movie, New Moon was so worth it. Much better than Twilight which most know I totally DID NOT like!

I think I have chatted long enough. As for my Friday Five, five things I learned this week:

1. When buying a house in places that snow. Be aware of where the sun hits and where it doesn't. Because...............

2. Slipping and falling on ice that you thought was just melted water and landing on your bottom - HURTS! and that teaches you real fast to ....................

3. be cautious and assume that all clear watery patches are indeed frozen slippery ice and..................

4. to walk like a person with COPD on said slippery surfaces to avoid falling in the future.

and last but not least.................

5. Going to bed at 3:30 and waking at 6:00am just not going to happen. But you already knew that. :0)

I am off to get dressed. Well at least put on a bra!
Happy Friday! What have you learned?

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Amy...

You are way too funny. I know you will be able to hang in Vegas for sure.. I do not like when the snow comes either. Just wait until you have to go into the parking lots and try and walk through them. The mud and the sliding do not rock.

Claudya Martinez said...

You can still party like a rock star. They sleep in the day. So can you.

Lady Di said...

Oh tell that hubs of yours to SHUT UP!!! He can't even sit on the couch during the DAY without falling asleep...even when he was in his 20's. So, whatever!!!!

Liz Mays said...

Nobody could do well the next day after keeping those hours, but I'm glad the movie was worth it!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ahhhhhhhh, it's a sad day when you realize you aren't the girl you used to be. Ah ha. For me it was when I had a day long hangover after only three glasses of wine. Sigh.

Our Mission

To have a safe place where you can air all your mama drama without judgement, cause we know you don't always have the kids in bed by 7 and make creme brulee for dessert every night.

Oh yeah.........

and if you do, you're on the wrong blog!