Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Too Early To Make Sound Decisions, Clean Showers, And There Must Be Crack In Candy Land-Monday's Mama Drama

You Know You Have Mama Drama When.....

1. Your son has taken your muttered response of "Have whatever you want for breakfast." quite literally as you find him at the dining room table with his entire bag of Halloween candy in front of him. Hey, it was 5:30 A.M. on a SATURDAY when the kid came bee-bopping into my bedroom and said, "Can you make waffles?" Me: "Uh No" JD Boy: "Then what can I have for breakfast?"...and you know the rest.

2. You are so peeved off at your husband that you end up cleaning the entire shower from top to bottom at 11:00 P.M. because the mindless task is actually therapeutic, plus it gave my hands something to do other than strangle my beloved, PLUS I used his little nail scrubber brush to do the job. It worked...I felt much better when I was done and my shower sparkles. He better be nice, the toilets need cleaning next and I hear a toothbrush works great for getting in all the little nooks.

3. The same morning that your son had his highly nutritious breakfast of Halloween candy, he continues to pester you in bed. Now it is 6:00 A.M. and he wants help finding a pair of pants so he can go to the ranch with Daddy. He can't find them (of course, he's a male). I'm in bed TRYING to sleep (crazy, I know) when I look on the floor and notice a pair of used pants he took off the night before and left on my floor (again, of course, he's a male). So, I tell him to put those on. I mean come on, do I really have to get out of my warm bed to get him a pair of clean pants just so he'll get them filthy dirty as soon as he gets to the ranch when there is already a perfectly filthy pair right there for him to put on by himself? See, there is a method to my madness.

And Finally....

4. You look your 3 yr. old in the face and say, "Sorry honey, I don't know where your Candy Land game is right now." You know it's tucked away safely under the bed, but you just can't play that stinking game ONE. MORE. TIME. Little did you know when you purchased said game that your daughter would turn into a Candy Land ADDICT and demand EVERYONE in the house play every five minutes. Not to mention the dang little kid wins every time. I don't know how she does it, but EVERY TIME...I'm not competitive or anything, I'm just saying.


Photobucket

12 comments:

Tracie said...

LOL! Your son ate his Halloween candy for breakfast? btw, I get my best cleaning done when I'm angry. You can tell the state of my marriage by how clean the tubs and toilets are.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I tortured my Mom with Chutes and Ladders on a daily basis!

Claudya Martinez said...

Sounds like my kind of breakfast.

scrappysue said...

i so remember those days! here from sits saying hi!

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Visiting via SITS. Sounds like a fun family. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

Candyland is cruel and unusual punishment. Can't it have a spinner or something? BORING!

Unknown said...

My neice tourtures me with Go Fish everytime I see her!!! But what can I say out of 5 grandchildren she's the only girl and I love her!!! Just popping by from sits! 80) I must follow your funny.

Sherri said...

So, I'm not the only one who's child comes bee-bopping in at 5:30 am on a Saturday morning. Uno is now our game of torture:)

Dr.John said...

Funny blog. I enjoyed the way you described your life. But now I miss Candy Land.

Stephanie said...

Ha ha, you are my kind of girl!

The Blonde Duck said...

That's so funny! I've done the shower trick many times...

Forget Who and Hoot--send me the PB and chocolate cheesecake! Sweet wounded wuffles!

Amy said...

I say good for you about the nail brush. I may have seriously considered the tooth brush. Sweet revenge. LOL! You know me I clean too when I am ticked off. Very therapeutic.

JD Boy- what a crack up. As for HRH: her and the MP are so alike it is scary.

Great drama fellow Mama!

Love ya!

Our Mission

To have a safe place where you can air all your mama drama without judgement, cause we know you don't always have the kids in bed by 7 and make creme brulee for dessert every night.

Oh yeah.........

and if you do, you're on the wrong blog!