Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts: Actually It is Just One RTT

Here is a thought that has been rustling around in my head:

What the heck happened to Thanksgiving?!!!

I mean seriously? I truly love Christmas. I do. I love everything about it. I am like a little kid on Christmas morning. I love watching my girls come out to see what is under the tree. I am a christmas stocking freak. I am. My stockings ROCK! I love to bake, to cook, to eat. I love decorating. I LOVE it all.

BUT........................

I also love love Thanksgiving. Especially Thanksgiving dinner. LOVE IT! Lady Di and I once had Thanksgiving in September because I just couldn't wait any longer. I think it was September might have been August. I was preggers with the OP and she had just had the JD Boy. Anyway I love the fall: the colors, the decorations, the season. THANKSGIVING!

So what is the problem?

The PROBLEM is this: Every year Thanksgiving gets shoved aside for Christmas! That's right. It is like the day after Halloween and all the fall decorations are gone! The stores explode with Christmas stuff.

It is ANNOYING! RIDICULOUS!

I mean, come on give it some time to just be Thanksgiving! THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!! A time for Thanks!

I saw the most adorable scarecrow in a store window and thought I will wait until after Halloween and come get it for my door. I went back to get it and IT WAS GONE along with everything Halloween and Thanksgiving and fall. I expected Halloween to be put away but all the fall stuff? I mean seriously it isn't even technically winter yet. At least one little corner should be designated fall still. Oh no - THE WHOLE STORE was CHRISTMAS. It's NOVEMBER people.

I am realist. I know that they need more than 25 days to sell Christmas stuff - all I am asking is to still keep some stuff out for Thanksgiving and fall. I don't think that's asking too much?

Maybe it is just me? I like to give each holiday it's own time. I decorate for Halloween on October 1st, Thanksgiving on November 1 and Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. Each Holiday is exclusive of each other. You won't see a snowman in or around my house in November. Just not going to happen.

Ok so I feel better. I ranted and raved a little..............or a lot!

Thanks for listening. Can you hear the irritation in my words? Ha.

Ok so maybe I have more thoughts like:

I am a little excited about New Moon. I hope it is better than Twilight. I hated the movie. Yes HATED. Loved the book.

I have some family drama and need some advice. Maybe I will ask for it tomorrow.

My floors stink. I thought I would love hard wood floors as opposed to my hard tile ones but I don't. I sweep ALL THE TIME. At least with my old ones you couldn't see the dirt.

I found some new candy that is divine. Oh my - is it DELISH. Almond Butter Crunch. Made here in Montana by two men. So so yummy. Don't worry I am going to share. I am. Soon. I promise. It's all part of a plan, a prize for one of our followers and commenters for just being you and being awesome. Soon. It is coming soon...........................

want to see some others Random Thoughts? Go check it out at the Unmom's!

randomtuesday

16 comments:

Miss Angie said...

I completely agree! The stores put stuff in a week before Halloween too, and most of that stuff got shoved aside too! Lame!

Had fun visiting from Keely's!

Lady Di said...

I went to a store that had Christmas stuff out BEFORE Halloween. Now THAT is ridiculous!!

Liz Mays said...

I think I'm a Thanksgiving shover. I'm sorry. :(

shortmama said...

I am with you! I tried to do the same thing with getting some fall stuff and it was all gone!!

I am Harriet said...

I think Thanksgiving has turned into the day before Black Friday.


Have a great RTT
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/11/490000000-or-one-in-seven-american.html

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

I so get the floor thing. We had hardwood years ago. Then slate tiles. Now, I'm back to carpet and tiles in bath and kitchen. I really missed my carpets.

Claudya Martinez said...

I guess there is just more money to be made from Christmas than Thanksgiving. It's not fair to Thanksgiving.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Thanksgiving is alive and well in my 'hood. I live for it!

Susan Berlien said...

I agree. I think maybe we need new thankisgiving colors or something. I think the browns and yellows and oranges just don't sell well. I do enjoy thanksgiving though. It is an under-rated holiday. So peaceful, low stress....bring it on!!

Sherendipity said...

I could make you an honorary Canadian, and then you could celebrate TWO thanksgivings, like I do!! One in October, and one in November.
(one of the perks of marrying an American!)

Stacy Uncorked said...

I could not possibly agree with you more. I LOVE Thanksgiving - I learned the hard way year before last when I wanted to get some additional fall decor to jazz my house up for Thanksgiving that I would have to be sure to get it before Halloween, because you're right - it all disappears the day after Halloween!

Whatever happened to waiting until the day after Thanksgiving to inundate us with Christmas stuff? That's a rhetorical question - obviously they're hoping for better sales by putting it out early. But when they put out fall stuff in AUGUST and Christmas stuff at the beginning of NOVEMBER it's annoying. Truly.

:)

Bridgette said...

I was just thinking the same thing about Thanksgiving!

monica said...

Yes I know your love of Thanksgiving and also find it hard to find anything fall. Christmas inodates us all on November 1. It's just like clothes for summer out in the winter. Retail stores don't really know anything!

Can't wait to hear about the family drama. Oh and the candy I am so in I want some!

Erin said...

Oh I love Thanksgiving too, and maybe that is why in Canada they celebrate their Thanksgiving way earlier!!

Toni said...

I Loved the Twilight books. I was excited for the movie. Then I saw the movie. WHY is that whole movie blue!?! It left MUCH to be desired. It could have been soooo much better. I'm looking forward to New Moon. Hoping a new director will bring freshness to it.

heather said...

I'm totally with you. There were some stores around here that had Christmas out before Halloween. That was annoying!

But I have to admit -I've been listening to Christmas music since the first day it snowed. I figure if there's snow on the ground -I have a right to Christmas music.

Our Mission

To have a safe place where you can air all your mama drama without judgement, cause we know you don't always have the kids in bed by 7 and make creme brulee for dessert every night.

Oh yeah.........

and if you do, you're on the wrong blog!