Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Five: Scarecrows, The Hubs, kitchens, Snow, and Bad Judgements.

Amy's Friday Five: This is where I share with you five things I learned this week because there is always something to be learned. In the process you might learn a little something about me

1. That dressing up like a scarecrow, bringing cookies, and reading a book to my daughters class makes me a superstar and scores some points with the teacher. I had a blast too.

2. That having The Hubs here makes the new house more like our home. Speaking of the Hubs, he makes me calm in times of stress more than I realized.

3. The next house I live in will have a monstrosity of a kitchen. It is going to be huge. HUGE. Everyone I know will be able to come to my house and eat. I miss my old kitchen. My sweet, dear, big kitchen. The hubs misses it too.

4. Waking to clear blue skies and a blanket of white snow is really beautiful. I am sure once winter has come and gone my opinion will have changed.

and finally I learned:

5. That I think I was being a little too judgmental when it came to the OP's teacher. I hadn't really formed an opinion of my own but instead listened to many others. I think she is still going to be difficult but at the same time I see the reason behind most of her madness and it is good. She is teaching the kids accountability and how to be responsible instead of holding their hands and that is something I can stand behind. Again, this opinion is subject to change. I mean it's me, Amy, I change my mind a lot.

Have a Fabulous Friday. I should be unpacking but have lost all motivation. So instead, I am going to take some time this weekend to see what is going on in your world. See you soon.


8 comments:

Stephanie said...

My Hubby also has a gift to calm me when I am stressed. We are lucky eh?

monica said...

Oh dressing up would be fun and going to the school. I would enjoy that also! That's good about OP teacher. Happy that Hubs has made your house a home. Very nice!! Have a great weekend!

shortmama said...

I couldnt live without the hubs in stressful times...except when he is the stress causer!!

Amy said...

I learned it is okay to have a little time out for the little one. When they want to get mad. This did not really hurt her. Have a great weekend good luck with unpacking..

Liz Mays said...

I am loving your positive outlook!

Amo said...

Keep believing for that huge kitchen! My next house is going to have a huge kitchen too. And storage space. And nicer bathrooms. And bigger rooms. And a big backyard. And...okay, I'll quit.

I'm glad your Hubs is home!

Lady Di said...

I want to see some pics of the scarecrow! AND I want to see blue skies and a blanket of snow out my window. Not going to happen here in my neck of the woods...still working on my plan to get up to your neck of the woods. I'll call you

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm glad the Hubs provides calm. Some don't.

Our Mission

To have a safe place where you can air all your mama drama without judgement, cause we know you don't always have the kids in bed by 7 and make creme brulee for dessert every night.

Oh yeah.........

and if you do, you're on the wrong blog!