Amy's Friday Five: This is where I share with you the 5 things I have learned this week and you just might learn a little something about me at the same time.
Let's see this week i have leaned:
1. That trying to make preserves and learn how to can 7 lugs of peaches and 3 lugs of apricots is not easy. Let's just say I am tired of seeing peaches and apricots in my kitchen and although I wasn't planning on having that many I will never intentionally buy that many at one time. As the hubs so stated after helping me finish up the last bunch on the third night, "Now I know why my grandmother bought only ONE box of peaches every Monday." Yes and now I know why too!
2. Big girls cry and so should cowgirls - It isn't bad to shed the tough skin and let it out. I say this but haven't really done it even though I need to. It's coming I feel it. I am about to burst which is unlike me but I know I must and I will in due time and then I will pick myself up, dust myself off and move forward. This leads me to number 3:
3. That I am such a good listener always make myself available to others but never lean on anyone when I need to. I just can't make myself vulnerable like that I guess. What is up with that? I guess I feel as though I always have to be the strong one. Keepin' it all together all the time. Yep yep that is me and I know where I get it - my Mama.
4. Again it has been confirmed to me that we all have guardian angels! Yes we do and I am so thankful for Lady Di's. She will elaborate soon but I just have to say although we laughed about the situation - I LOVE YOU, GIRL! I don't know what I would do without you.
5. Hosting a lemonade stand for a good cause and watching my OP have so much fun was good for my soul. I just love looking at that picture (see this post) It puts a smile on my face and as you can tell I needed a smile this week. (maybe I will post about that later)
Although, Holy Cows, did you see the comments I got on Wednesday! Now that put a smile on my grumpy face - YES IT DID! I have to say I think I should thank Lady Di who was given out some comment love this week and I received it back. Thanks to all our visitors. I am going to try to give it back to you all but I have a trip coming up Saturday and I still have to pack myself and the three princesses. Oh my!
There you have it - my Friday Five. Have you learned something this week? Please share! Have a wonderful weekend and stay tuned for Lady Di's post - it might just be the post of the year!