1. from 4:00 to 7:30 p.m. you turn the invisible meter on in the car because essentially YOU ARE a taxi service. Shuttling 2 kids from home to swim lessons at 4:00. 5:00- Take kid#1 to Vacation Bible School, pick up kid#3 from daycare. 6:00- Pick up kid #2 from swim lessons, take to Vacation Bible School. 7:30-Pick up kids 1 & 2 (with #3 in tow) go home. Where's my tip???
2. you are so distracted by the conversation with your kid because it consists of you telling her AGAIN that peanut butter in a bowl is NOT a breakfast option, that you put the milk away in the pantry.
3. you catch your child in a bold faced lie and say, "Oh that's B.S!!" and then the kid looks puzzled and says, "What's B.S.?" So, you then tell him a bold faced lie and say, "It means Bologna Sandwich dear."
4. your child feels the need to share this new tidbit of acronym information with one of his Vacation Bible School Teachers. Yep, walked right up to her and said, "Hey, do you know what B.S. means???" Luckily, he said bologna sandwich (of course), however, I wish I 'd had my camera to take a picture of her face at the initial question.
5. you are so busy making cupcakes for the B-day BBQ that when you go to the store real quick to get something you forgot earlier, you realize you still had your apron on the whole time through the store. Oh well, it is a cute apron.
**This week's Mama Drama has bonus pictures and story!!!
My JD Boy turned 7 on July 1st. We weren't able to do a B-Day celebration until yesterday. We had a BBQ with family and friends. JD Boy loves cheeseburgers, corn on the cob, and fruit salad.
We got him a John Deere bike and a bunch of new implements (chisels, plows, trailers, discs) for his toy tractors. He was thrilled.
(That's my hubby in the background)He played outside with his cousins and neighborhood friends. They had a blast on the slip-n-slide. I didn't have time to go all out on a birthday cake. So, I decided to make "ice cream cone" cupcakes. They are very easy and fast. You just use a box cake mix, but instead of using cupcake liners, pour the batter in cake cones. Bake as directed for cupcakes, let cool, then frost with a star tip to look like ice cream, add sprinkles.
Notice the 7 is backwards (of course).