Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

I told you I was tired

Yesterday the princesses and I went to have our hair cut. There is a gal up here in this little town that does an awesome job so we go see her every time we come up here. Anyhow the girls were done and I sent them to the park with a cousin so I could have some me time.

My stylist is washing my hair and I notice an awesome teapot on her counter. Here is the conversation that followed:

Me: I love your teapot.
Her: Thanks.
Me: Is it one that you put water in and it heats up? (I didn't even catch it)
Her: {giggles, smiles} Isn't that what all tea pots do?
Me: {now it registers} You know what I meant? (she probably didn't- then the words came) Is it one of those electrical tea pots?
Her: I know - yes it is?

She was probably thinking that she should have been dying my hair a different color! (I am a dark brunette.) Just kidding- Please take no offense blondies. We ALL have our moments no matter what color our hair is.

At least I gave her a good laugh. I only felt stupid for a couple seconds.

Anyway I told you I was tired. My mama let me sleep last night. She took the pup and I slept from 9:30 to 8:30. So nice!

**SHOUT OUT**
I love my commenters - You keep me going! I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU. I haven't been making the rounds this week- technically I am on vacation. Anyhow I am really busy and haven't had much time to visit all our you and answer comments. However I think of you often ,check in when I can and plan on getting back to every one of your comments soon. I love you guys and feel a giveaway coming just because you all make me smile. Have a fun filled weekend.
Photobucket

5 comments:

monica said...

How funny!! Yes we all have those moments. I am glad that you were able to get some much needed sleep! Have a great weekend...I am jealous, I wish I was with you!

shortmama said...

This is why I dont get out too much...fear of what dumb thing I will say next!

Unknown said...

Funny! I say 'seemingly' stupid things all the time. I used to be blonde when I was littler so that could be part of it:)

Glad you got caught up on some sleep!

JennyMac said...

Love this story...and we all know you are fabulous...even if you had a tired moment. :)

Stacey said...

Too funny. It was just a slip, I won't pass judgement. My husband tried to make me tea once. He plugged in the electric tea kettle, then put it on the burner of the stove and cranked it on high. Can you tell he's never in the kitchen? And yes- he's a blonde.

Our Mission

To have a safe place where you can air all your mama drama without judgement, cause we know you don't always have the kids in bed by 7 and make creme brulee for dessert every night.

Oh yeah.........

and if you do, you're on the wrong blog!