Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Moth and an Ear

Just a cute story my mama witnessed while at the doctor with the OP:

An old man walks into the doctors office and says to the receptionist, "I need to see a doctor?"
The receptionist asks why. He calmly replies "because I have a moth in my ear." The receptionist says, "You will have to wait a little while. There are a couple of people in ahead of you." He kindly says, "Oh that is alright. He flew in last night and I don't think he's going anywhere. He seems quite comfortable."

Poor old man slept all night with a moth in his ear. Must not have dawned on him to go to the ER. Actually it probably did and he figured he and his ear were better off waiting. Might have come out without an ear!

This reminded me of a something that happened to my cousin when I was babysitting him. He was about 7 so I was 17. He came in the house in a panic yelling, "there is a bee in my ear!" I totally didn't believe him and sent him back outside. He came in twice more and again I told him that, "it wasn't possible and that he must have just felt a bee fly by." The last time he came in, I thought I would appease him and listen to his ear. To much my surprise he had been telling the truth and there WAS something buzzing in his ear. I felt horrible! I called my Aunt and his grandma. I ended up getting it out with a pair of tweezers while his little sister held the flashlight. He still remembers it to this day.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Amy said...

What a crazy story. I had an ant in my ear once.

Thanks Lady Di for stopping by the other day...

Amy said...

Hey Ladies,
I see the Round Robin button needs a new date..
August 7th...

Erin said...

I can't even stand to have a gnat fly BY my ear I couldn't imagine having a bee or a moth for that matter IN my ear!

monica said...

I don't think I could sleep all night with a moth in my ear. So wierd...

shortmama said...

That makes my ear hurt just thinking about it!

Stephanie said...

Good Grief! I would be a crazy women if there was some kind of creature flying about in my ear!
I wonder how that gentleman was so zen??

The Blonde Duck said...

I've been slapping the side of my head for the past ten minutes.

Our Mission

To have a safe place where you can air all your mama drama without judgement, cause we know you don't always have the kids in bed by 7 and make creme brulee for dessert every night.

Oh yeah.........

and if you do, you're on the wrong blog!