You Know You Have Mama Drama When.....
1. You essentially do turn your step-daughter into Cinderella because she made the mistake of sulking around the house and said, "I'm bored." Don't worry, I'm an equal opportunity wicked mother. Her younger half-sibs were turned into her mice friends, Jacques and Gus-Gus. My house was "in-laws are coming over" clean!
2. You are looking for your son at the pool through the fence during swim lessons (parents not allowed inside facility) to see how he is doing. You can't see him and wonder where he is. You look all over and then you here a mom say, "Oh, look at the little boy running out of the bathroom with his Coppertone butt sticking out of his shorts." YEP, found him! I didn't even have to look. I knew it was mine.
3. The dog got a bath and the lawn was mowed because Cinderella said the magic words AGAIN!! Yes, YES....she apparently did not learn what I learned way back when that hot summer day when my mother handed me a rake and a hula hoe then said, "Here's something you can do." with a smile on her face. Oh well...maybe she'll do it again this week, my windows are looking a little dirty.
4. You actually sit and watch a movie in which guinea pigs talk and have more spy gadgets and moves than James Bond. Yeah....that's an hour and a half of my life I will never get back. HOWEVER, the upside is that it brings me great joy to hear my son laugh HYSTERICALLY. So, the stupid talking guinea pig dreams I have now are worth it after all I guess.
5. You are having dinner and your son has a bad case of "gas". He keeps "cracking" them off throughout your meal and you try to ignore them. However, the sweet 3 yr. old picks up on it and HAS to join in the action. She begins to "blow wind" as she calls it and she takes it a step further by adding a nice belch. The boy not wanting to be out done by the 3 yr. old decides he must belch as well. Finally, I say, "Oh my goodness! What is going on with you two?" To which my sweet girl replies shrugging her shoulders and hands up, "Well, we eat a lot of food and it makes us burp and fart." NO COMMENT