Mama Kat's prompts:
1. Your trip to the ER......spill it. (inspired by Stephanie from This Blessed Life.) What a cute family! Once the MP put mini M&M's up her nose. Thank heavens I didn't have to go to the ER for that. I started to panic thinking my child's brain was leaking out her nose but then we all realized what it was. BIG.SIGH. OF. RELIEF.
2. "Why are Americans obsessed with weight? Why are we always fighting or complaining about what is natural for our bodies?" (inspired by Jenn from Jenny Says What?) Amen Sister! Let's have Cake, cheesecake that is!
3. Describe one of your 'God Moments'. (inspired by Jordan from Wide Open Spaces.) Oh my! Loved this one. I need to go back and visit her for some tips - I have control issues.
4. List ten things you would say to ten different people in your life...... if you had the hutspah. (inspired by Cassandra from Cassagram.) If only! Sigh!
5. Why is your kid in time out? (inspired by Sera from Laughing Through The Chaos) Ouch! The question is why isn't mine in time out these days?
Check out the inspired by's - you won't regret it. I didn't.
I choose #1 because it is dramatic and this is Mama Drama. What is more dramatic than trips to the ER when you are a mama? Not much. I mean I have had a few ER trips before I was a mama. One involving a giant saw, a log, and a shot of Apple pucker. Not fun. Not dramatic just embarrassing. The ones that are the most memorable are the ones that happen after you become a mama the ones involving the munchkins. Actually I could probably slip in number two here as well.
The MP was just two weeks shy of turning 2 and the YP was just a couple of months old. We had just gotten home from town, remember I live in the Land of Nowhere, and I sat down to nurse the YP and the other two girls got up to the counter to eat Macaroni. Here I was nursing the baby when all of a sudden: WHACK! The MP is on the floor, we have hard tile floors on top of concrete. I practically through the YP at my cousin, ran over to the MP who is laying there with a bloody mouth. My mind was racing:
Did she bite her tongue?
Why is there blood?
Is her head OK?
Oh my God, why is she bleeding?
Why is the hubs over by the microwave?
What is he looking for?
Where in the hell is her teeth?
Oh my God - her teeth! Where is her teeth?
I think I actually started screaming at this point. I panicked. I did. Not a good idea - I know. So she fell backward in her chair while sitting at our island, hit the back of her head on the floor and her two front teeth FLEW out of her mouth. Yes FLEW! Who wouldn't panic a little?
Needless to say I spent the next two hours (Land of Nowhere) singing to my little girl and clapping my hands to keep her awake and trying to keep her still (which wasn't a real problem - which was problem. It's the MP and she never stays still.) Her eyes rolled back a few times. Then the mishaps came: The ambulance got lost. The dispatcher didn't call the local volunteer EMT's- They got a call from the lost ambulance. When they (the ambulance) finally did arrive - they were horrible. Rude. Annoying. Slow. Idiots. They made her stand - she fell into my arms. We forced them to take her. They wrapped her wrong (the Dr. at the ER made them do it again when they got there.) It was a mess. I cried. I prayed. I prayed a lot.
She was fine. No concussion. No cracked noggin. She was fine! Amazing. He was there (God moment- I felt it even through the panic). She had angels. Even the doctors were surprised. I will never forget when the Doctor looked at me and said, "Now tell me how her teeth fell out? She hit the back of her head." I responded, " I was hoping you were going to tell me?"
Lovely times. This will most likely not be the first time for this girl. She is rough. Thank heavens she is tough! Now the poor little thing won't have front teeth until she is seven. The OP has lost hers and gotten her new ones and there is my little MP- 3 1/2 years old with a "Window in her Smile."
Be sure to visit Mama Kat for more