1. Being with the hubs. I missed him, the girls missed him. It's nice to be back and I know he agrees with me. A month is a long time away.
2. My kitchen. I missed my kitchen. I love my kitchen. I love cooking and sitting at my table with the whole fam. So nice.
3. Sleeping in my bed. Ahhhhhhh! Priceless. Who doesn't miss there bed after a trip?
4. Having my own schedule. We just have a groove at home that we can't have at someone else's house. I really love that.
5. The feel, the smell, the comfort of being in my house. It just can't be replaced.
I have this thing on my wall. It says:
is a space, not a place.
Home is where you can slide in, feet first, and be safe.
Home is where you can wear flannel pajamas,
goofy slippers, baggy shorts and well worn but dearly loved, old T-shirts.
Home is for naps, and cuddles and popcorn.
Home is.....a putting feet upon the furniture,
scratching where it itches, crying in the dark,
and laughing till it hurts.....zone.
Home is where we feel real...unguarded, relaxed....at ease.
Home is for messes, and misses and losses.
Home is celebratory congratulations.
Home is our historical landmark, our own personal museum.
Photographs, trophies, childhood art, nicks on tables, growth charts on walls,
and pet burial grounds mark our territory.
Home is a space, not a place.
Home is where we belong, where we must leave, and
if we are very lucky, where the mat always reads
when we return.
~ Nancy Longman