1. Next year for the girls dance recital I will remember some good advice from my Mom and will buy two pairs of tights - just in case. When I was old enough to attend school dances she would buy me an extra pair of nylons: one pair to wear and one pair for my purse just in case I got a run. Great advice, Mom! Next year I will keep this in mind so that when one of my girls gets a hole I can look totally organized and pull out an extra pair. I did rock - I just turned them around. It worked!
2. Did you know there is such a thing as "Insulated Situations"? I didn't. This, according to my husband, are situations in where he can leave out the truth (um lie) in order to insulate me from a stressful situation. Apparently I am supposed to be grateful for these so called "insulated situations" because he is sparing me from my own anxiety. Hmmmmm!
3. That big girls can fight like little ones. Yep I got in a huge argument with a friend (not my Lady Di). It was ugly! It was strange! There was yelling! I was shaking! and it was ridiculous! We are talking still but it left a scar. I think we were both tired and needed to let off some steam. All I know was I hadn't planned on it and it just flared out of control. Ask Di I am better off giving the silent treatment until what ever blows over not a confront and yell kind of person.
4. That there are people out in the blogosphere that think Lady Di and I are the same person. Multiple personality maybe? Um No. We would be indeed two separate people, I promise. Although that would be interesting! Could you imagine?
5. I was able to get through my first year of homeschooling without causing irreversible harm to myself or my children. The insane asylum will just have to wait. Yay for me and Yay for the Oldest Princess. We did it!!
There you have it - my Friday Five. Did you learn something this week? Do share.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend. I'm making my Great Great Grandma's potato salad. Yum!