Amy's Friday Five: This is where I share with you the 5 things I have learned this week and you just might learn a little something about me at the same time.
1. I have a new pet peeve or annoyance. Well it has always annoyed me but more this week than anytime else. DISRUPTED INTERNET SERVICE. grrrrrrr! It happens from time to time but more lately something to do with mice chewing lines somewhere down the road. Did I mention I live in the middle of no where (another annoyance this week). Maybe it is annoying me more this week because of my competitive nature to beat Lady Di to SITS roll call or the fact that I needed to log in lessons for The Oldests' school and couldn't.
2. Grumpy kids combined with an already Grumpy daddy makes a Grumpy Mommy! We got home a little too late from Dance class (another problem with living in the middle of no where) and everyone is just a little tired this morning and extra grumpy - especially the Hubs. (who was already nursing a hurt back) Then Momma made him stay out late to boot. A fun day is ahead of me!
2a. Getting up at 5am having a busy day and then stopping by a friends house to visit for a couple of hours when you have a 1 1/2 hour ride home (when both driving adults are very tired- maybe is was the grilling 5am workout) is not a good combination. It was not fun trying to keep the Hubs awake. How come when you NEED conversation content you can never think of anything to say?
3. P90x Plyometrics has to be the hardest workout on the face of the planet and the reason of the above mentioned hurt back. Turns out he pinched his Sciatic Nerve. I know that hurts so I will cut the Hubs some slack. Anyhow if you want a work out that is guaranteed to get your heart pumping click here. You'll love it!
4. Shin splints hurt and are contributing to my grumpiness. ( I got those from my lovely treadmill).
5. All the above has led me to this conclusion: We are getting old. I played 5 years of high school tennis and some college tennis- never once did I have an injury. Since starting my workout regimen I have over extended a knee, have major shin splints, and the Hubs has hurt his back. All this because our lovely metabolism is slowing and we no longer can keep in shape by normal activity. We (well me - the Hubs has always gone to bed early even in College) could stay up late and wake up early for class or work and function normally and I could go like that for weeks. Now getting up @ 5am and going to sleep @ Midnight is like torture the next day. I am OLD! Yikes.
Remember: There is always something to be learned.
Have a great weekend. Did you learn anything this week? I would love to hear about it - leave me a comment.