Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

Can I just say I have the BEST best good friend EVER!!

Okay, no I am not a moron. I know it is "bad" English to say best good friend. However, that is a special term of endearment Amy and I have referred to each other since the movie Forrest Gump. If you listen closely there are a few subtle things that Forrest says that are a little out of sorts like instead of " out of the clear blue sky" he says "out of the blue clear sky" (George Strait actually made a song called Out of the Blue Clear Sky) based on that little mishap. Amy and I noticed Forrest said "best good friend" when talking about his buddy Bubba. Now, don't ask me which one of us is "Forrest" and which is "Bubba because to be referred to as a "Bubba" or "Forrest" would not exactly be a compliment when you think of their lack in the "wits department". However, I think we would all agree that Forrest Gump and Bubba were certainly kindred spirits and dedicated to one another. That is what Amy and I are to each other. I love Amy. She is my best good friend for so many reasons. We have been through so much together and I can not imagine my life without her. If there was a Nobel Prize for friendship, she would have won it several times over. There are so many things I admire about Amy. She is compassionate, strong, confident, loving, fiercly loyal and dedicated to the ones she loves. She always says I'm the funny one however, there have been more than a few times she had me laughing so hard I could cry...all I have to say is "cherry bomb dream". Yes, Amy I remember (I know you do too) that crazy ass dream you had. Amy used to (I say used to because you have to actually sleep to have dreams and she seems to have a lack of that lately) have crazy, silly dreams. Back in college (feels like a freakin' century ago) Amy told me about this dream she had in which the world was coming to an end (she has a flair for the dramatics when it comes to end of the world stuff). She was some sort of freedom fighter, fighting for the survival of mankind (maybe she watched Terminator one too many times). Anyway, she continued in great detail to tell me about this dream and I was laughing my butt off the entire time. Just when I thought it couldn't get more ridiculous she says that the enemy was dropping bombs on them, but not just any bombs. They were cherry bombs and when I say cherry bombs I am not talking about the ones naughty little boys put in the toilet at school or the mailbox of some cranky neighbor. I am talking about actual cherries. Yes, apparently Independence Day had it all wrong. Aliens are not going to take over the planet using high tech weapons made to destroy entire buildings like the White House. Oh no! They are going to drop giant cherries. Perhaps they think Earth is like a giant sundae and all it needs is a little whip cream with a cherry on top before they eat it!! This is of course according to my best good friend. I love ya Amy and I feel blessed to have you in my life.

3 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Love you back, Lady Di! YOur the bestest too! Loved that Cherry bomb dream - took me back to when we lived in an Apartment in good old Coaling Station B. The days of Tri Tip sandwiches and Strawberry shakes at Campus Inn. The days I didn't sleep but for different reasons! :) Those were the days.

Unknown said...

I think this is such a great post. Best friends are definitely the icing on the cupcake on this thing called life : ). I don't know what I would do without mine either. She makes my life betters a million little ways!

Our Mission

To have a safe place where you can air all your mama drama without judgement, cause we know you don't always have the kids in bed by 7 and make creme brulee for dessert every night.

Oh yeah.........

and if you do, you're on the wrong blog!