Most of the things I learned this week occurred at the Dentist because that is where I spent the better part of yesterday. The husband, me, the oldest and the middle one all had appointments and the youngest tagged along (since I don't have family here and no sitters). It wasn't as bad as I thought. The girls were really good despite being stuck in the car the two hours prior to our visit. Yep it takes two hours to get to the dentist well actually it takes two hours to get to any civilization for us. Anyhow we left at 9:00am and got home at 10:00pm.
so the five things I learned this week are:
1. I LOVE getting comments! How exciting! I am actually giddy! Thanks so very much for making my day. We left so early ( 9 isn't all that early but when you add all the time in getting everybody ready, breakfast, and packing the car for an all day excursion ) it doesn't leave much time to check the computer. Then we got home so late that after you get everyone changed,in bed and the car unloaded from the Costco/Kohls/Whole Foods trips we snuck in - I just wanted to go to bed. So I woke up to comments - woooooooohooooooooooo!
now for the things I learned from the dentist:
2. I worried for nothing - my kids teeth are awesome. I felt like I was going to the principle's office and he was going to say FAIL! I try to be OCD about the kids teeth but some days it is hard enough to remember to brush my own ( I always brush my teeth - don't worry) let alone three other sets of teeth! but we PASSED!
3. 5 years IS too long between dentist visits! I had good intentions on going more often - really I did. I sent my husband and the kids but I never could fit it in between pregnancy's and nursing and all that. Plus my last visit (different dentist in Cali) wasn't exactly a pleasant experience. He poked a hole under my tongue with the drill. i thought i was going to die! Needless to say - the dentist is not at the top of my list. I will however be going more often because although I did not have any cavities and the dentist was pretty impressed with my teeth - I do have to have some sort of deep cleaning. 6 hours (3 hours each side ) sitting in a dentist chair - numb! I can't wait.
4. I am what you call and "aggressive brusher" and a "jaw clencher". Good to know - I will be working on those issues.
and finally #5, number 5 is not dentist related but is something I found to be very interesting and a little odd. Odd number 5 will call it.
5. CNA's (Certified Nurse Assistants) should be awarded a gold medal for what they have to do. A relative of mine has recently given herself the title Certified P.... Cleaner. And if you can guess what that p - word is you get a prize and if you are me and Lady Di a much needed chuckle.
So there you have it 5 things I learned this week. Because there is always something to be learned.
Have a great weekend. I am off to go visit my commenters. YAY!