Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute: Lady Di

Tuesday's Tribute



I decided to participate in Tuesday Tribute over at Angie's 7 Clown Circus - she is the new host.

Today I would like to pay a special tribute to my best good friend, Lady Di. Lady Di is coauthor of this blog, when she does get time to post she is so much funnier than me. She is actually the reason I started this blog - we, she needed a place. Anyhow she is going through some tough times. Today I know is/was probably one of the toughest days that she will ever go through as a Mom and I just want her to know that I am thinking of her and praying for her.

Di and I have been friends since we were kids (she can actually tell you a funny story of one of her first memories of me). Our families would go to the river together when we were young. We went away to college together, got married together , had children together. One of my toughest moments was moving away from her when I left California, I was so afraid our friendship would suffer and that we wouldn't be as close. Of course that didn't happen. She is one of my closest friends. She is my sister. She knows me like no one else. She knows my deepest darkest secrets, my desires, my fears. We have cried through tough times and celebrated happy moments together. I couldn't imagine my life without her. That said:

Di you ARE a beautiful person. You ARE a wonderful Mother. You ARE a fantastic friend/Sister. Never doubt yourself and never let someone make you doubt yourself. NEVER let anyone make you feel unworthy. You DESERVE only the best that life has to offer. You ARE
a blessing to others and have so much to give. Today and always - know that I have your back no matter what. I am ALWAYS here for you. I would run to ends of the Earth and back for you and your children. I LOVE you and I LOVE them, as if they were my own.

Today is going to be tough, it will be a defining moment in your life. You WILL be able to handle it whatever the outcome because you are stronger than you give yourself credit for and I am here to remind you of that.

Amy

for more Tuesday Tributes be sure to go visit Angie.

2 comments:

Martin Family said...

Everyone needs a friend like you and Di have been for each other. Thank you for reminding us of the true meaning of friendship.

Stacey said...

I am sitting here crying like an idiot. I am guessing that Diane is who you referred to on my blog (I don't want to presume to know exactly what she's going through) and my heart is with her and her family today. Please, please, please pass on that whatever I can do to help. I don't know what I can do, but I've been there and she'll be okay.

When/if she's ready, please share this link with her from our story. Maybe it will help to know she's not alone? http://tinyurl.com/cfnj77

Amy- I wish I had a friend like you. You are a blessing.

Our Mission

To have a safe place where you can air all your mama drama without judgement, cause we know you don't always have the kids in bed by 7 and make creme brulee for dessert every night.

Oh yeah.........

and if you do, you're on the wrong blog!